Version 4.1 finally allows you to export and import your key switches and to share them with colleagues and other users. However, in order to do this, I had to completely reprogram the device. So unfortunately it is not possible to just drag and drop it onto the previous version in your Ableton project like with the updates before. But don’t panic! To make sure that you can continue to use your created key switches and to avoid that all your work is lost, I have additionally programmed little tools for the versions 2 and 3. With it, you can export your key switches into the new format and continue to use them in your future projects.
- Download the update helper corresponding to your old version.
- Open the Ableton project with your templates and drag it onto the KeySwitch & Expression Map.
- Click on the “Export” button.
- After a few seconds, a pop-up will appear on your screen asking you under which name and where you want to save the preset.
- Enter a name and set the file type to “JSON“.
- Now you can import this file in the KeySwitch Manager of version 4.1.
Unfortunately, this also applies to some of you who have already downloaded the beta version of 4. I had to change something in the formatting of the key switches in the script. But also for you there is a small device to convert your already exported presets. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Download the KSEM Update Helper for the beta version of 4
- Open a new Ableton project and drag it into an empty track.
- Import your preset.
- Now export the preset again and save it under a different name.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message about the contact form.